Fleet insurance is an extremely useful type of cover that’s used for insuring multiple vehicles. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about fleet insurance.
Is fleet insurance only suitable for businesses?
Not at all. If you have a large family that has 3 or more cars then you can benefit from getting family fleet insurance, or mini fleet insurance as it’s sometimes called. This enables you to insure all your family vehicles together under one easy-to-manage policy. Family fleet insurance is also a very good way for younger drivers to get cover that they might not be able to afford otherwise.
What are the advantages of fleet insurance?
Fleet insurance comes with a few key advantages over insuring vehicles separately. These include –
- It’s more convenient – There’s no doubt that dealing with one policy is much simpler than dealing with separate ones for each vehicle you want to insure. Convenience is always good but especially so for business owners.
- It’s cheaper – Fleet insurance very often works out cheaper than getting individual policies for your vehicles. Many people are looking for ways to save on car insurance now, especially since it’s become so expensive in recent years and fleet insurance provides one of the best ways to do this.
- Insure multiple vehicle types – This is extremely useful for businesses such as taxi firms that need to insure a mixture of vehicle types such as cars and minibuses.
Where can I get fleet insurance?
There are many places you can find fleet insurance online. It’s usually a good idea to use an insurance comparison service such as http://www.cheapfleet.co.uk/ that enables you to get quotes from different providers very easily.
You can also contact insurance providers separately by phone but this of course takes longer and can often come with a hard sell.
What are some good ways to save money?
Below are some very good ways to save money on fleet insurance –
- Pay for the policy upfront – Paying for a fleet policy annually rather than monthly is an excellent way to save money on it. The vast majority of insurance providers will offer a discount if you’re able to pay like this.
- Get quotes from a lot of providers – This is a very obvious way to save money on fleet insurance. By getting quotes from many providers you’re able to see which are offering you a good deal and which are not.